Saturday, July 3, 2010

I want to help!!!!

I want to help every single candidate that enlists with my agency. That is an absolute fact and I try everyday to find opportunities to help as many as possible. 


When we as the agency get the spec (what the client requires in the ideal candidate) we get a list of the inherent job requirements. We either meet those requirements 95-100% or we lose the spec to another agency. This is a very competitive industry and priority is to meet the clients requirements 100% or someone else will.


Often we advertise positions and get a wonderful response, 90% are from candidates that dont have that particular industry experience, so they get filed into our database in the hope that tomorrows specs will see them get assisted.


Time is money and the clients dont want a long handover process, most times when they hire, they dont want to supervise or teach the new employee, they basically want people who understand their business needs and will become a quick return on investment for them.


There are of course clients out there who prefer people from out of their industry, as they maybe feel that industry experience makes one hold onto 'stale/outdated' methods of business, or that will be resistant to learning a different approach to the same industry. These are the clients we can approach with a variety of different cv.s. 


What often makes a candidate stand out even without industry experience, is a consistent track record. People that move every year are not looked at favourably in the specialised fields, although they do suit  a certain market..like the IT sector. References are important too, try as best as possible to leave your previous jobs and your managers with fond memories of you! Take the time on your cv to detail your experience/awards/achievements/targets, all these make such a huge difference.


There are candidates that have stayed in contact with me for over a decade and I have eventually found them their ideal job, they have even moved with our agency, so I encourage you to stay in contact with me, I may not be able to help you immediately but I most assuredly will try my best to assist you at some stage.


I want to help everyone, its as simple as that.
So send me your cv:- melinda@hrcorp.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment